The following are resources associated with the HGAPS Assessment Center broken down by symptom area or mental health concern.
General Mental Health Resources
Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
- Call and Text Line: 1-800-273-TALK or text DBSA to 741-741
- What is Bipolar Disorder Generally?
- Bipolar Disorder: Fact Sheet
- Severe Mood Swings & Bipolar
- What is hypomania?
- Bipolar Disorder: Resource Center
- NIMH: Bipolar Disorder in Children
- Bipolar Resources for Kids
- What Does Bipolar Disorder Look Like in Children/Adolescents?
- How to Help Your Child With Bipolar Disorder
Body Focused Repetitive Behavior
Borderline Personality Disorder
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
Oppositional Defiant Disorder and Conduct Disorder
- Conduct Disorder overview
- Callous and Unemotional Traits in Children
- What is Oppositional Defiant Disorder in Children/Adolescents?
- Conduct Disorders: Resource Center
- Information on Prosocial Behavior
- Antisocial Personality Disorder (Adults)
- Conduct Disorder in Teens
- Rule Breaking, Defiance, & Acting Out
- Oppositional-Defiant Disorder: Resource Center
PTSD and Trauma
- PTSD and Trauma Resources
- PTSD in Children
- What is Child Trauma?
- Understanding Childhood Trauma
- Guide for Parents
- NAMI Fact Sheet: PTSD
- NIMH: What is PTSD?
- PTSD Alliance
- PTSD Hotline: 1-800-273-8255 (Press “1” if you are a veteran)
- Childhood Trauma Statistics
- Crisis Hotlines
- Coping With Shooting
- Psychological First Aid
- Resources for Dealing with a School Shooting
- Hurricane and Flooding: Preparation and Coping
- Fire Emergencies: Preparation and Coping
Sleep and Sleep Disorders
Substance Use Disorders
- Substance Use: What is It?
- Substance Use Basics
- What to Do If Your Teen or Young Adult Has a Problem with Drugs/Alcohol?
- Substance Use in Teens
- SAMHSA: Substance Use Resources
- Substance Use Treatment Information
- Substance Use Hotline: 1-800-662-HELP (4357)
- SAMSHA’s National Helpline : 1-800-662-HELP
- Resources for Adolescents and Young Adults
- Substance Use: Resource Center
- Treatment Information and Program Resources
- Substance Use: Information and Resources